1933 UNIMPRESSIVE IN 7 TO 7 TIE WITH EXETER

WEEK OF HARD PRACTICE BEFORE WORCESTER GAME

All that Harvard's Freshman eleven could do on Saturday was to gain an unimpressive 7 to 7 tie with the Phillips Exeter team. The 1933 team was trailing 7 to 0 at the end of the half but came, back in the latter part of the game with a score that put them on even terms.

The Harvard touchdown came as the result of a short run by Wells, left halfback, who then added the extra point by tossing a forward to Barton, Freshman end. Clark, at right halfback, scored for Exeter, and Spain kicked the goal for the extra point. Adams and Wells starred for the Freshmen.

The Freshman squad has as yet shown nothing which would cause it to rank with former first year teams. However, it is expected that after another week of intensive practice Coach French will have whipped his men in shape for their test with Worcester Academy on Saturday.

The summary: HARVARD 1933  EXETER Reisner, Davidson, l.e.  r.e., Lowe Francisco, Esterly, l.t.  r.t., Lane Hageman, Harter, l.g.  r.g., Lovering Almy, Hallowell, c.  c., Meffert Kidder, r.g.  l.g., Waite Harding, Alschuler, r.t.  l.t., Curtin Barton, Saltenstall, r.e.  l.e., Scheck Cleves, Coburn, q.b.  q.b., Peter, Spain Adams, Wells, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Clark Walcott, Adler, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Cheek Bailey, Pell, Stone, f.b.  f.b., Dean

Score-Harvard 1933, 7, Exeter 7. Touchdowns--Wells, Clark. Points after touchdown--Barton by pass, Spain by dropkick.