HARVARD REPRESENTED AT FENCING GATHERING

Intercollegiate Tournament Set for April 17, 18, at Hotel Astor--Squad Faces Stiff Opposition

At the meeting of the Intercollegiate Fencing Association held in New York on Sunday. Harvard was represented by H. W. Clark '23, assistant graduate manager of athletics, and J. D. Allen '31, manager of this year's foil men. Fourteen other colleges in the east sent their representatives to this conference, which was called to discuss proposed changes in the rules and to fix the date for the Intercollegiate meet.

The decision of the conference was to retain the rules which have governed Intercollegiate meets in the past, in preference to the rules used in Olympic matches. The date of the Intercollegiate was definitely set for April 17-18, when the rival fencers will gather at the Hotel Astor.

The Harvard team, under the guidance of Rene Peroy, who starts his first year as University coach, will face stiff opposition this season. The opener will be February 12 at Harvard, followed by games away from home with N. Y. U., February 21 and Pennsylvania on the twenty-second of the month. The Army will be met in New York on March 1, Columbia at home on March 8, Yale at home, March 15. The Intercollegiate semi-finals will be held in New Haven on April 5, followed by the finals in New York, April 17-18.