CRIMSON HAS EDGE IN WEEKEND SPORTS

Avenges Self for Last Year's Defeat at Hands of Green--Broadbent is Again Star

The Harvard athletic teams have thus far scored a clean sweep in the games played with Dartmouth this weekend. The University harriers triumphed over their Big Green opponents by the decisive score of 20 to 36; the yearlings conquered Dartmouth 1933 by the even better count of 19 to 38; and the University soccer team defeated the Hanoverians by the score of 2 to 0.

Cobb Finishes with Difficulty

With a clear, cold, and windy day on which to run, a well-balanced, strong cross country team ran to victory over their northern opponents by the telling count of 20 to 36. Four of the first five runners to finish over the shortened course were of the Crimson team, while E. R. Butterworth of the Green came in fourth. David Cobb '31, stellar runner, was caused a great deal of trouble by a lame leg, but was able to finish the course.

The first ten to finish were the following: G. N. Barrie '32; J. M. Fox '32; R. C. Aldrich '31; Butterworth (D); B. E. Estes '32; Andrews (D); Thompson (D); Richardson (D); J. W. Fobes '32; E. T. Floathe '32. Time: 24.04 3-5 mins.

First-Year Men Win Handily

The 1933 cross country team defeated Dartmouth Freshmen easily for its third successive victory this season by the score of 19 to 38 over the Freshman course on Charles River yesterday afternoon. R. P. Wesley '33 won the race in the good time of 17 minutes, 58 3-5 seconds, followed closely by F. D. Murphy '33, and Arthur Foote '33, just elected captain of the squad.

Soccer Team Conquers Green

The University soccer team avenged itself for last year's defeat at the hands of the Dartmouth invaders by kicking their way to victory in one of the best games of the season yesterday afternoon on the field behind the Business School. The Harvard team showed the best teamwork and fight yet exhibited this season, and clearly outplayed its opponents.

The summary: HARVARD  DARTMOUTH Faude, g.  g., Kramer Catinella, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Stark Stollmeyer, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Perkins Howe, Carter, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Moore Kane, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Loeliger Bland, l.h.b.  r.h.b., King, Allen Grover, Carrigan, r.o.f.,  l.o.f., Schnitz Dorman, Forrester, r.l.f.  l.i.f., Nichols Broadbent, e.f.  e.f., Stollmeyer Frame, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Eagan Bodde, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Richardson

Score--Harvard 2, Dartmouth 0. Goals--Broadbent, Carrigan. Time--Four 22-minute periods. Referee--Welch.