BOOTERS ENGAGE TEAM FROM WORCESTER TODAY

BLAND, ALL-AMERICAN HALFBACK, TO PERFORM

With eleven days of practice behind them, the university soccer eleven is prepared to face Worcester Polytechnic in the opening game of the season here today. John F. Carr '28, who handled the freshmen in the fall of 1928, is replacing John Kershaw as university coach this year. The fact that Coach Carr is relying on seven sophomores to start against the strong Worcester team is significant.

Of the four veteran starters the dependable Captain Stollmeyer '30 and J. R. Bland '31 are outstanding. Bland was chosen as all-American half-back on the intercollegiate soccer team of 1928. The loss of E. J. des Roches '31 through injury, W. D. Carter '31 and W. D. Vogel '30, who have left college, and A. S. Rudd, who graduated, will be balanced by the influx of excellent sophomore material. P. J. Catinella '32, H. H. Broadbent '32 and B. B. Kane '32 of last year's freshman team are expected to star for Harvard. The Harvard lineup for today's game which will start at 1.30 o'clock is as follows: J. P. Faude '31, g; Capt. A. M. Stollmeyer '30, r.f.b., P. J. Catinella '32, l.f.b., F. L. Howe '32, r.h.b., B. B. Kane '32, c.h.b., J. R. Bland '31, l.h.b., D. B. Dorman '32, r.o.f., E. J. Grover '31, r.i.f., H. H. Broadbent '32, c.f., D. M. Frame '32, l.i.f., R. K. Vincent '32, l.o.f.