O'CONNELL, GILDEA UNABLE TO FACE ALLIGATOR TEAM

Wood-Putnam-Bovens-Harper Quartet Likely Starting Backfield--'Gators Arrive Today

Harvard's football team will be without the services of two players when it squares off against the Florida eleven tomorrow afternoon.

O'Connell, regular end, and Gildea, first string substitute, will be hors decombat. The former has been suffering from a leg injury sustained in the Dartmouth game, but Dr. Richards expected that the rugged end would be in shape for tomorrow's intersectional clash. O'Connell's recovery has been slow, however, and his place will be taken by Harding. The exact nature of Gidea's ailment was not revealed.

After a week of experimental shifts, the lineup which will be sent against the Alligators seems to have been picked. Kuehn was again at right tackle in the brief signal drill. The fact that he has been holding that position for three days in succession indicates that he will get the call. W. Ticknor and Barrett were at right guard and left tackle respectively. These two will change posts on the offensive as in the Army and Dartmouth games. Richards was at center yesterday but B. Ticknor will undoubtedly take the pivot position tomorrow.

Quartet Reorganized

Judging from the backfield which ran through signals yesterday, spectators in the Stadium will see a reorganized quartet in action. A combination which sprang into prominence on Tuesday was once again working together and it seems to be a pretty safe bet that it will start tomorrow. Wood was at quarter, while Putnam, erstwhile signal caller, was at left half. Devens and Harper completed this backfield. There is a good possibility that Mays, light but speedy Sophomore, will start, in which case he will replace Wood and Putnam will return to his regular berth.

There will be no practice for the University forces today. The Florida squad pulls into Boston early this morning and will move out to Soldiers Field for a brief session within the Stadium walls this afternoon. While in Boston they will stay at the Westminster Hotel.