WINTER SPORT SEASON WILL OPEN ON MONDAY

Squash Candidates Report to Coach Cowles to Hear Plans Outlined for Coming Season

Squash was officially opened yesterday afternoon when a meeting was held in the University courts at which about 55 candidates, all upperclassmen, were present. Coach Cowles outlined the season's plans, in which there are to be several changes, involving an addition of one team to compete in the three Massachusetts Leagues. There will be a preliminary tournament, for which entries close Monday night, after which Coach Cowles will choose the squad. There is a managerial competition still open.

With the official close of the tennis season this afternoon, there will be an opportunity for students to sign up for several of the winter sports Monday. There will be regular handball, squash, some wrestling, and also the special exercise classes for those in the class of 1933 who have received D rating in posture.

The handball season will open with a tournament divided in three classes: one for members of the college, one for graduate students in the Law School, and one for those in the Business School. Entries for this tournament, which may be made at Hemenway Gymnasium, close Monday afternoon.

There will be unofficial wrestling held for upperclassmen, but the 1933 grapplers will be unable to get underway, Monday, as planned because Clifford, Gallagher, wrestling coach, has been appointed as trainer of the 1933 football team for the rest of the current season. As a result, 1933 and regular University wrestling will not start until Monday, November 18.