BEST PURPLE TEAM IN YEARS OPPOSES CRIMSON COHORTS

Horween Will Start Best Eleven, Even Though Yale Game is Only One Week Distant

Anxious to atone for last Saturday's disheartening defeat and determined to erase its scoreless tie of last year, an in-and-out Harvard team, that reached its best form, despite defeat, last week, will match wils with the strongest Crusader team in years this afternoon inside the Stadium walls.

The game, although it is not one of Harvard's major battles, has attracted more than passing interest, and it is expected that nearly a capacity crowd of 57,000 will be in the stands at the time of the opening kickoff, 2 o'clock. It is the reported strength of the well-balanced Holy Cross outfit that is arousing all this interest and causing the traffic congestion comparable to that on the day of a Yale game.

But Coach O'Donnell's eleven is not only reported to be strong, it is strong. Any team that can hold Fordham to a 7 to 9 triumph soon after the latter's convincing victory over N. Y. U. is not to be regarded as a pushover. According to a former Harvard assistant, Holy Cross, using Notre Dame formations, is one of the fastest charging and hardest hitting teams of the East. The Purple line has a savage lift and drive and forms a dogged defense that is an even match for a somewhat doubtful Crimson forward wall.

All-Sophomore Possibility

Harvard's backfield has practically expanded from a quartet into a sextet, because May and White, the two men who top the Crimson reserve strength, can practically he practically as members of the regular four it is certain that they will see considerable action in today's game, thus giving Harvard an all-Sophomore backfield Wood, the general of the Crimson team and the principal cog in Harvard's now feared and famous aerial offense, will have the attention of the crowd focused on him. Since he was given his chance against Army the cool headed Sophomore has, because of his headwork and unerring accuracy on passes, become the mainspring of Harvard's attack despite the fact that he does not run with the ball.

Harvard's string of capable substitutes, the men, who, according to Coach Bachman of Florida, beat the Alligators, may also decide today conflict. Harvard's reserve ends, Harding and Ogden rank with the best, while Kuchn and Myerson take little away from the efficiency of the first line when they are in there. Mention has already been made of the backfield reserves