FRESHMAN COUNCIL TO NAME RED BOOK BOARD

COMPLETION OF PHOTOGRAPHS FACILITATES WORK

The editor of the 1933 Red Book and his associates will be selected next week, it was announced yesterday by S. L. Batchelder '31, chairman of the Student Council Committee on Freshman Affairs, who heads the temporary executive council of the Class of 1933, which is composed of the chairmen and treasurers of each Freshman Hall dormitory committee.

The election of the editor and sub-chairmen of the Freshman year book will be conducted this year as it was last term, when a new system of selecting these officials was inaugurated. Prior to 1928 the editor was appointed by the class president after the mid-year elections, but it was found that this plan prevented the board from doing its best work on the volume. As a result the present plan was inaugurated, which permits the selection of the board before the Christmas holidays.

The officials of the Freshman dormitory committees who are the student members of the temporary executive council are as follows: Smith Halls--M. C. Kirkbride '33, Albert Pratt '33; Standish Hall--R. G. Coburn, Jr. '33, B. F. Newcomb, Jr. '33; McKinlock Hall--L. A. Francisco '33, C. C. Pell, Jr. '33; Gore Hall--C. P. Lewis '33, W. B. Osborne '33.

The work of this year's Red Book board will be simplified to a great extent by the completion of all Freshman photographs, a service which has been arranged by D. S. Byers '25, Dean of Records. All Freshmen have had photographs made by official orders, and in addition to providing a print for the College records, the photographers will be able to supply the Red Book with a