THE P. B. H. COUNCIL

The announcement of the new plans of the International Council cannot fail to be of interest to those who are concerned with the task of giving the foreign students of the University a pleasant introduction to Harvard life. In the two years of its existence the Council has striven to offer those men opportunities for a social intercourse which they might otherwise find difficult to get in their new environment. In this capacity it has done much to break down the feeling of isolation and strangeness with which the foreign student is confronted.

The new plans fill a gap which the present organization of the Council left open. It has been rightfully felt that the round table discussions and entertainments of the last two years have not been adequate to creating the more intimate relationship between foreign and native-born students which a less formal arrangement might afford.

The provision of a headquarters for foreign men and their friends which will be always at their disposal is calculated to supply the need of such men for a common meeting ground for social contacts. Its permanent and informal character will allow an easier interchange than is at present possible in the sporadic formal entertainments of the Council.