SUMMER SCHOOL OFFERS 165 COURSES THIS YEAR

1929 PERIOD LASTS FROM JULY 8 UNTIL AUGUST 17

One hundred and sixty five courses by 108 instructors are to be offered by the Harvard Summer School of 1929, it was announced yesterday by P. P. Chase '00, dean of the Harvard Summer School, and University Marshal. The courses, which will begin on July 8 and last through August 17, are open to both men and women without formal application, and can be applied for credit at the University of the student.

The summer school courses are the equivalent of half courses given during the regular academic year, to which they correspond in standard. Each course meets five times a week and no student is allowed to enrol in more than two for the summer.

Courses will be offered this year in the fields of Architecture. Astronomy, Botany, Chemistry, the Classics, Economics, Philosophy of Education. Educational Psychology, History and Education, Educational Administration. Elementary Education, Secondary Education, Educational Measurements and Statistics, Vocational Education, Vocational and Educational Guidance, the Teaching of School Subjects, Demonstration Courses, Engineering Sciences, English, Fine Arts, French, Geology, German, Government, History, Horticulture, Hygiene, Italian, Mathematics, Medical Sciences, Music, Philosophy, Physical Education, Physics, Psychology, Social Ethics, Spanish, and Zoology. In addition there will be opportunity to engage in special research courses.