COOLIDGE GOES ON TOUR OF MIDDLE WEST TODAY

TO EXPLAIN AND DISCUSS HOUSE PLAN WITH GRADUATES

Professor J. L. Coolidge '95, professor and tutor in mathematics, leaves today on a trip which will take him as far west as St. Louis, according to an announcement made late yesterday afternoon. His chief object will be to give to Harvard graduates in the west a description uncolored by rumors, of the much discussed House Plan. For this purpose, he will address the Harvard Club of St. Louis on February 20, and on the following night he plans to speak before the Harvard Club of Chicago.

Professor Coolidge, who taught mathematics at Groton before coming to Harvard, was appointed associate-professor in 1908 and received his professorship in 1925.

With Professor C. N. Greenough '98, he was honored by the appointment as head of the first of the new units to be created by the House Plan, and so it is to some extent in this capacity that he will represent the college on this mission.

This is the third trip to be made within the last month by an officer of the college in the interests of Harvard, Professor Coolidge being preceded by Henry Pennypacker '88, who toured the south, addressing various Harvard clubs and other organizations, and W. J. Bingham '16 who came back recently from the west.