CHEVRILLON LECTURES TOMORROW AFTERNOON

Member of French Academy to Discuss Taine in French--Has Won Many Honors as Scholar

Tomorrow afternoon at 5 o'clock M. Andre Chevrillon, a member of the French Academy, will lecture in Emerson D under the auspices of the Department of Romance Languages and Literature. His address, which will be in French, will deal with his uncle, the noted French writer Taine.

M. Chevrillon has a long record of scholarly achievement. His early education was gained in London and Paris, and his university degrees were taken at the Sorbonne, where he specialized in English literature, returning often to England in which country he knew many of the leading authors and artists of the time. He received the degree of Doctor of Literature in 1893.

In 1894 M. Chevrillon turned to writing. He has been a contributor for 22 years to the Revue de Paris and for 35 years to the Revue des Deux Mondes. He has written a considerable number of books, many of which are on England and English literature. Of these "Britain and the War" and "Three Studies of English Literature" have been translated into English.

M. Chevrillon has visited India twice and written two books on that country and Hindu thought.