THE GRADUATE SCHOOLS

Taeusch and Shaw Will Discuss Relation to Modern Business

The thirty-eighth annual meeting of the Harvard Teachers' Association, taking place today, will close a long series of conferences on educational problems, which opened on March 8 and have been held during this last week.

"Education and its Relation to Modern Business" will be the topic for discussion in this morning's session at 10.30 o'clock in the Radcliffe Theatre, Agassiz House, Radcliffe College Yard. There will be addresses by Professor C. F. Taeusch of the Graduate School of Business Administration, and by A. V. Shaw, senior partner of Shaw, Loomis, and Sayles. At the luncheon at 1 o'clock in the Hotel Commander. Dean H. W. Holmes '03 will be toastmaster, introducing the two speakers. Both meetings are open to the public; tickets for the luncheon may be secured from C. S. Thomas in 4 Lawrence Hall, at $1.75 each.

The Harvard Teachers' Association was organized in 1890 "to promote the interchange of thought on educational questions" among teachers and school officers with Harvard connections. In the eight conferences this week a wide variety of such subjects have been treated, ranging from the instruction of English to training in music. Especial emphasis has been laid on such problems as those of character, the grouping of children according to ability, and vocational and educational guidance.