DISTINGUISHED GUESTS WILL DELIVER LECTURES

NOTED AUTHORITY FROM VIENNA WILL SPEAK ON ECONOMICS

Two distinguished lecturers in Economics, Professor Pitirim Sorokin of the University of Minnesota, and Dr. Gottlieb Habberler of the University of Vienna, are to speak at Harvard within the next few days, it was announced yesterday by H. H. Burbank, Professor of Economics and chairman of the Department of Economics.

M. Sorokin, formerly Professor of Sociology at the University of Petrograd, is perhaps the most distinguished authority on that subject in the world. As an author, he is perhaps better known than as a lecturer, for he has written a great deal on various phases of sociology, his most famous work being Social Mobility, which deals with contemporary sociological theories. Professor Sorokin will lecture in Economics 8 next Monday at 12 o'clock in Sever '7, and his subject at that time will be "European and American Sociology--a comparison." In the evening at 7.45 o'clock in Widener V he will speak again on the "Experimental Method in Sociology."

Dr. Habberler will also deliver two lectures during his stay at Harvard, one today and one next Tuesday. Although a comparatively young man. Dr. Habberler is already a statistician of considerable reputation, and in his particular field, that of index numbers, he is unrivaled in Europe. He is lecturing in this country as the representative of the German univerities on a fellowship supported by the Rockefeller Foundation.