CRIMSON HORSEMEN WIN FROM YALE IN NEW YORK

THIRD CONSECUTIVE DEFEAT PUTS YALE OUT OF RUNNING

Harvard's brilliant polo trio, not discouraged because of its defeat in the National Open Tournament, battled its way to a decisive victory over the Yale team last night at the Squadron A Armory, New York. The victory, by a score of 12 to 7 1-2, coming in the semi-final round of the National Indoor Collegiate Tournament, puts Harvard in a position to play Pennsylvania Military College, the defending champion, in the final game tomorrow night.

The game, played from scratch, was hotly contested throughout but Harvard took a commanding lead in the first chukker and never relinquished it. It was in the first and third chukkers that the Crimson riders concentrated their attack, scoring four and one-half and five goals in these chukkers respectively. The pace was continually increasing during the game which was one of the best college polo exhibitions seen in New York. Credit is due the Yale riders who, because of illnesss of their own horses, were forced to play on borrowed mounts.

T. B. Glynn, ocC, substitute No. 1 man for Harvard played brilliantly for the Crimson, scoring seven of his team's goals. Folger, the opposing No. 1 man kept Yale in the running for part of the time.

This is the third-time this year that Harvard's mallet-men rode to victory over the Eli, they having won both games of the annual series. HARVARD  YALE Glynn. No. 1  No. 1 Folger Gerry. No. 2  No.2, Furgeson F. A. Clark, back  back, Rathborne

Score Harvard 12, Yale 7 1-2, Goals--Glynn 7, Gerry 4, clark, Pony, Folger 6, Furgeson, Rathborne. Fouls--Furgeson, Gerry, Clark. Time- four seven and one half minute chukkers. Referee--Maj. J. W. Rafferty.