FRESHMAN BASKETBALL TEAM ENCOUNTERS EXETER TODAY

Informal Game to Take Place of Annual Andover Clash

The Harvard Freshman basketball team, having closed a successful season last Monday night when it gained a victory over the Yale five, will play an informal post-season game this afternoon against the Exeter Academy team, at Exeter.

Exeter originally was scheduled to play Andover in its annual battle with its, traditional rival today, but an epidemic of measles at Andover has necessitated the postponement of the game to a later date. The Exeter officials then invited the Freshmen to come up and take the place of the Andover team, because all of the arrangements for a game today had been made. The contest will be looked upon as an informal game and the results will not be included in the official records of the teams.

The two teams met earlier in the season in a regularly scheduled game in which Exeter staged an uphill fight to nose out the Freshmen 48 to 40. Since then however the first-year team has improved greatly and it is expected that it will take revenge for the early season defeat.