FRESHMAN DEBATERS TO MEET YALE, PRINCETON

CONCILIATION IS SUBJECT OF TRIPLE ARGUMENT

At 8 o'clock this evening the Harvard Freshman debating team will meet Princeton and Yale in their annual triangular debate, the topic for discussion being: "Resolved, That the governments of the world should adopt a policy of compulsory conciliation." The Princeton negative team journeys to Cambridge to meet the Crimson affirmative team at the New Lecture Hall, the Harvard negative orators engage Yale's affirmative speakers at New Haven, and the Eli's negative team encounters the Tiger's affirmative aggregation at Princeton.

Clark to Preside

The Crimson orators who will debate at the New Lecture Hall this evening are L. E. Becker '32. E. H. Cohen '32, and R. B. Eckles '32. R. N. Clark '32 will preside at the forensic battle, admission to which will be 25 cents.

P. C. Reardon '32. R. H. Simonds '32 and A. A. Windecker '32, together with Arnold Isenberg '32, alternate, constitute the team which will face the Yale orators at New Haven. At the trials on April 5 Simonds was awarded the prize of $50 offered to the man making the best speech on the question which will be discussed tonight.

Judges Announced

Each of the speakers will be given 12 minutes in which to present their cases, following which one man on the affirmative team will have four minutes for purposes of rebuttal. H. F. Butler 2L, a graduate of Princeton in 1920. R. S. Edwards of the Canadian Club of Boston, and W. J. Butler 2L, who was graduated from Holy Cross in 1927 and was president of the Debating Union while there, will judge the contest which is to take place in Cambridge.