TEN CONTESTANTS WILL SEEK SPEAKING PRIZES

PROGRAM INCLUDES WIDE VARIETY OF SELECTIONS

Ten undergraduates, chosen from the 44 men who participated in the trials on March 5 and 7, will appear tonight in the Lee Wade and Boylston Prize Speaking Contest, which will be held in Sanders Theatre at 8 o'clock.

To the winner as first prize is given the Lee Wade award of $50; while the second, third, and fourth speakers gain the three Boylston prizes, one of $50 and two of $30. The judges will be the Reverend S. A. Eliott '84, M. A. DeW. Howe, Joseph Lee '83, Professor E. K. Rand '94, and Eliot Wadsworth '98. A. E. French Jr. '29, First Marshal of the Senior Class, will preside.

This evening's program will be as follows: H. G. Meyer '30: Selection from "Dr. Faustus," by Christopher Marlowe: R. H. Sharp '30: "Nine and Twenty in a Company," by Odell Shepard: J. L. Ware '30: "On the Cruiser Bill." House of Representatives, February 9, 1929, by Hon. George Huddleston: R. H. Jones '30: Selection from "Cyrano de Bergerac," by Edmund Rostand: W. A. Fowlie '31: "Blue Symphony," by J. G. Fletcher; Carleton Greene '30: "Ulysses," by Alfred Lord Tennyson: F. I. Kogos '29: "Boots," by Rudyard Kipling: M. V. Anastos '30: "The Story of Orpheus and Eurydice," from the Fourth Georgic, by Virgil: E. J. Day '31: Ecclesiastes, Chapters XI and XII: F. F. Hart '30: "A Tribute to Robert E. Lee," by Charles H. Brough.