TRACK TEAM MEETS BROWN, HOLY CROSS

Crimson Should Make Most of its Points in Distance Runs--Competition in Sprints Will be Keen

On Saturday the University track team will inaugurate a new event when it participates in a triangular meet with Brown and Holy Cross in the Stadium. The Harvard custom of relying upon the flat races to carry it to victory seems destined to undergo a severe strain as both Brown and Holy Cross are strong and weak in the same divisions as Coach E. A. Farrell's men.

Brown in its first meet last week displayed exceptional strength in the running events, winning every one of these races in the field divisions the Bruins took the broad jump, high jump, and javelin throw, but their poor showing in the pole vault, and weight events showed the weakness of the Providence team. Captain John Collier of the Bruins, who is intercollegiate indoor hurdler, should top his event in the Stadium on Saturday, but Troy, Brown's leading dash man, will meet the strongest of competition.

Sprints Should be Close

Although Captain Delaney of Holy Cross has the best record in the sprints, a field which includes A. E. French '29, T. E. Mason '30, and A. L. Watkins '31 should be anybody's race Harvard seems to have a pretty clear outlook in the longer runs and it is in these events that the greatest chance for victory lies.

Lincoln Fogarty adds to Brown's strength by his phenomenal ability in the javelin throw. He has a decided advantage over T. G. Moore '29, the foremost Crimson thrower. Carney, the leading Bruin threat in the broad jump, has been doing 23 feet lately.

Brown, then, must depend for most of its points upon the hurdles, short runs, jumps, and the javelin. Holy Cross, having participated in no outdoor meets so far this season, is rather an unknown quantity.