PHILLIPS ANDOVER WINS 44TH INTERSCHOLASTICS

BROCKTON AND ARLINGTON WIN IN CLASS B AND C EVENTS

Amassing a large number of points by an unpredicted show of strength in the field events which gave it an 18 point lead over its nearest rival, the Phillips Andover Academy scored its eighth straight victory in the Class A group of the Interscholastic track meet held on Soldiers Field last Saturday. Although the Bay State athletes failed to take a single first on the track, they scored in every event of the meet except the century.

Crowley Star of Meet

The best all around performance of the day was the work of Crowley the one man track team from Roxbury School in Connecticut. This star athlete took a first in the shot and discus with a second in the high and broad jumps; his heave of 50 feet, 8 1-2 inches from the record set last year by his teammate Kilcullen.

Another feature of the Class A events was the running of Bloor of Newark who went through the half mile in 1 minute 58 4-5 seconds to equal the record set by A.H. O'Neil '28 of Exeter in 1924.

Brockton Wins Class B

In the class B group, Brockton High collected 20 1-2 points to top Newton and Lawrence High Schools, the leading competitors, who tied for second with 15 apiece. The outstanding feature in this class was the performance of Klauer of Browne and Nichols School who did the low hurdles in 14 3-5 seconds, tieing the record made last year by E. E. Record '32 of Brookline, recently elected captain of the Freshman runners this year.

Arlington Leads Class C

Arlington High gathered, 17 points to give it a three point lead over Malden and David Prouty High of Spencer who were tied for second in the class C group. Some of the best performances of the day were exhibited in this class, several of the participants equalling or bettering the results of the class A athletes.

The outstanding performance of the day was the work of Morin of Prouty High, brother of the star Holy Cross sprinter. Morin took first in the broad jump with a 22 foot, 7 1-4 inch leap which broke the existing record by a foot, and beat the wining jump of the class A group by 11 inches. Another feature of the class C events was the high jumping of Moissio of Fitchburg who established a new record with a 5 foot, 11 1-2 inch jump, equalling the winning mark of class A. Hayes of Somerville took one fifth of a second the low hurdles record set by Monty Wells in 1924, but he toppled the last hurdle which disallowed the time as a record.