HANOVER COHORTS INVADE STADIUM

Swope, Middle Distance Runner, is Star of Team--Harvard Suffers by Loss of Potter

Coaches, track followers, and Yale will have their eyes turned on the Stadium this Saturday afternoon when Harry Hillman of Dartmouth brings his squad of runners and field men to give battle to the Crimson entries. Harvard, with an easy triumph over Holy Cross and Brown, and the Hanoverians, with the Syracusan scalps in their belts, have an even chance to win according to the rival coaches. Whatever the final outcome may be, there is little doubt that the keenest competition will be the order of the day.

Swope Expected to Shine

Dartmouth sends down a well-balanced team for a dual meet. With only a few outstanding stars, the Indians will present strength in practically every event sufficient to pick up a few points all along the line. Jerry Swope leads the invaders as captain and as the best middle distance runner in this part of the country. As anchor man of the Dartmouth mile relay team that won the national title at Philadelphia last month, he stepped the final quarter in 48 4-5 seconds.

Potter is Out

Coach Farrell's protegees will be severely handicapped by the absence through a broken ankle of J. W. Potter '30, stellar shot putter. His loss leaves the way open for Bromberg of Dartmouth, who has turned in a heave of 45 feet in practice, and his teammate, Maynard, who is good for 41 or 42 feet. T. G. Moore '29, javelin thrower, and V. L. Hennessy '30, sprinter, will probably also be watching from the sidelines on Saturday. F. J. Mardulier '30, Coach Farrell's premier high hurdler, has not been in uniform since the day of the triangular meet. His appearance Saturday is doubtful, while Vernon Munroe '31, who was on the injured list at the time of the Brown meet, will probably be in condition to contest the dash events with the invaders.