UNIVERSITY GOLF TEAM WINS FROM M.I.T., 6 TO 0

First Match of Season Taken Handily by Crimson Players--High Wind Makes Conditions Difficult

Playing in their first match of the season, the University golf team yesterday defeated Technology 6 to 0 at Woodland Country Club.

Despite the high wind which rather hindered the players several good cards were handed in. W. P. Arnold Jr. '31 was low man with a score of 75; Captain J. W. Filoon '29 got a 76, the two together getting the best four ball, a 68.

In the first matches of the afternoon Phillips Finlay '31 defeated R. Yates, 6 and 5. E. B. Murphy '31, second man, beat E. Yates, 6 and 5. Finlay and Murphy together won over R. Yates and E. Yates, 4 and 3. The remaining two-somes were also taken easily by the Crimson players. Arnold defeating Williams, 6 and 4, and Filoon outplaying Branchi 8 and 7. Arnold and Filoon won their four some 8 and 6.

The summary:

Two-somes: Finlay defeated R. Yates (M.I.T.), 6 and 5: Murphy defeated E. Yates (M.I.T.), 6 and 5: Arnold defeated Williams (M.I.T.), 6 and 4: Filoon defeated Branchi (M.I.T.), 8 and 6.

Four-somes: Finlay and Murphy defeated R. Yates and E. Yates, 8 and 7; Arnold and Filoon defeated Williams and Branchi, 8 and 6.