SCHOOLS TO BATTLE IN STADIUM MEET

Performers of Marked Ability are to Compete Saturday--Crowley Should Star in Field Events

Seven hundred schoolboy athletes have been entered in the Harvard Interscholastic Track Meet, which will be held in the Stadium on Saturday. This is the largest number get recorded in the 45 years of the meet, and entries are still pouring in to the H. A. A.

The meet will bring before Harvard eyes several competitors who have been credited with performances that would win them a place on almost any college track team. Among these is John Crowley, of the Roxbury School in Cheshire, Connecticut, who has attained renown in interscholastic circles as a weight man and jumper. He has heaved the 12-pound shot 51 feet 9 inches and the discus well over 140 feet. He can high jump 5 feet 9 inches and has covered over 20 feet in the broad jump. J. S. Birge also of Roxbury School has stepped the 100 in 10 seconds flat and has been clocked in the furlong in 22 seconds.

Newark Sends Stars

Newark Preparatory School is sending up a group of picked runners. Charles Kelley of the New Jersey school has bettered 50 seconds in the quarter several times, while William Bloor, entered in the half mile, turned in a time of 1 minute 59 2-5 seconds for the event at Yale last year.

A couple of champions attending the meet, from the Moses Brown School of Providence, are Marshall Kingsbury, holder of the Harvard schoolboy cross country record and the 2 mile record at the Brown interscholastic meet, and George Weaver, high jump champion of Rhode Island, who has done 5 feet 11 inches.

Andover May Repeat

Despite the keen competition, Andover hopes to retain its title with the aid of Captain Houston in the discus, shot, and javelin; Moore in the jumps; Osborne in the dashes, and Allen and Pitkin in the hurdles.

These schools are entered in the class A division of the meet, which includes the private preparatory schools of New England. Twenty-five schools are registered in the class B division, which is composed of high schools of greater Boston and vicinity. Among this group are Lawrence High and Mechanic Arts, who tied for first place at the Boston College Interscholastics last week. Class C contains 300 entries from various high schools of the state.