FORMER YALE CAPTAIN IS TO COMPETE FOR OXFORD

TENTATIVE LIST OF ENTRIES FOR ENGLISH MEET RECEIVED

Bayes M. Norton, Captain of the 1926 Yale track team which defeated the Crimson by 1-3 of a point, and Caleb F. Gates, former Princeton track and football star are two leading representatives of the combined forces of Oxford and Cambridge Universities which are to compete against the Harvard Yale track and field athletes in the stadium on July 13, according to an announcement given out last night by the H. A. A.

The English athletes will sail on the S. S. Ascania of the Cunard Line on June 11, arriving in this country about two weeks before the meet. A tentative line up forwarded to the University athletic authorities is a follows: Sprints: B. M. Norton (O); 440-yards dash: R. Leigh Wood (O); 880-yard run: W. C. Went-worth (O), and N. H. Gutteridge (O); One-mile run: C. E. Green (C), and H. S. Townsend (O); Three-mile run: D. M. Wilson (C), and J. M. Humphrey (O): High hurdles: H.G. Harper (O), and I. R. Mann (C); Low Hurdles: Harper and R. M. N. Tisdall (C); Shot-Put: C. F. Cates (O), and Tisdall: Broad Jump: N. W. Revans (C), and W. T. Sartain (O): High Jump: C. G. Gordon (O), T. P. Noel (C): and A. E. Young (C): Pole Vault: W. H. Bayley (C), E. R. McPhee (C), and E. R. McGell (O).

The sailing list of the English athletes also includes E. A. Hunter of Oxford, and L. E. Neame, J. N. Mason, A. N. Other, and Dr. R. S. Woods of Cambridge, but no event in the meet has been specified for any of these men.