SIEGFRIED COMES HERE GUEST OF LIBERAL CLUB

MEETING WILL BE THROWN OPEN TO UNIVERSITY

Andre Siegfried, member of the French foreign office, will be the guest of the Harvard Liberal Club at dinner next Tuesday evening, and will speak afterwards on "America and Europe." He has gained great fame as one of Europe's foremost Socialists, and in the position as member of the French foreign office, he has had a great opportunity to observe both the subjects of his speech.

Born at LeHavre in 1875, his education was completed at the Lycee Condorcet, the Faculte des lettres, Faculte de droit, and School of political science, after which he became a member of the French bar. He was also a member of the "Society of the French Renaissance," professor of the School of political science, and chevalier of the Legion of Honor, besides having a British Military Medal.

Perhaps his best-known work is "America Comes of Age," but his other writings, "England of Today," "Democracy in New Zealand," "Canada--the Two Races," "Political Picture of Western France under the Third Republic," and "Two Months in America on the Eve of the War" have created considerable interest.

Dinner for members and their guests is at 6.30 o'clock at 66 Winthrop Street, and the meeting is open to members of the University at 7.15 o'clock.