SPEAKING TOUR TO TAKE BINGHAM INTO FAR WEST

ASSOCIATED HARVARD CLUBS ARE ANNUAL SPONSORS

William J. Bingham '16, Director of Athletics at Harvard will leave Boston on January 18 for a four week's trip which will take him as far as the Pacific coast and into Texas in the interest of the University.

The Associated Harvard Clubs have made it a practice for some years 16 invite officials of the University to keep speaking engagements at various of the branches throughout the country, and they sponsored Bingham's engagements in the Middle West last year and the year before. This year they have asked him to extend the length and time of his former trips so that he might travel as far as the Pacific coast. Last year Bingham's trip lasted but one week in which time he visited St. Paul. Kansas City, and Syracuse, speaking at various schools and Harvard clubs in these cities.

Des Moines, lowa, is the first place where Bingham will stop, speaking there on January 20. January 21 will find him in Denver: Colorado, and two days later he will appear in Salt Lake City, Utah. He is scheduled to arrive in Portland, Oregon on January 25 and in Seattle, Washington, on January 27. He will touch the west coast for the first time when he reaches San Francisco, California, on January 29. February I will see him farther down the coast at Santa Barbara, California, and on February 3 he is due to appear in Los Angeles, California. From San Diego, California, on February 5 he will journey to his last stop. Dallas, Texas, where he will make his last appearance before returning to Cam- bridge about February 15.

During his trip, Bingham will visit four universities having already made arrangements to inspect the athletic plants and observe the athletic program functioning at the University of Washington, University of California, Leland Stanford University, and the University of Southern California