ZIMMERN WILL BE GODKIN LECTURER

Addresses Will Take Up the Problem of Post-War Government--Four Talks in Emerson D

Alfred Zimmern, Director of the Geneva School of International Studies, will deliver the Godkin Lectures at Harvard during the coming two weeks, according to an announcement made last night at University Hall. "The Readjustment of Post-War Conditions" will be the general subject of the lectures which will be given in Emerson D on Tuesdays and Thursdays of the next two weeks at 4 o'clock. The addresses will be open to the public.

The titles of the individual lectures are as follows: next Tuesday, "The Problem of Government in the Post-War World"; next Thursday, "Recent Developments on the International Plane"; February 11, "Readjustment on the National Plane"; and February 13. "The Contribution of Education and Research".

In addition to being Director of the Geneva School, Professor Zimmern is Deputy Director of the League of Nations Institute of Intellectual Cooperation. He was educated at New College, Oxford, and later served as a Fellow and Tutor of that institution. He once held the Wilson professorship of International Politics at the University College of Wales, and, in 1921, served as Acting Professor of Political Science at Cornell University. He has published many books, among them "Nationalism and Government", "Europe in Convalescence", "The Third British Empire", and "Learning and Leadership."

The Godkin Lectures are presented under an endowment given the University in 1903 by the friends of Edwin L. Godkin, founder and editor of the Nation. The income of the fund is devoted to the delivery and publication of annual lectures on "The Essentials of Free Government and the Duties of the Citizen", or some part of that subject.