POLO TEAM OPENS BOSTON LEAGUE SEASON TONIGHT

CAPTAIN GERRY EXPECTED TO RETURN NEXT WEEK

The first game of the University polo schedule is to take place tonight at the Commonwealth Armory at 8 o'clock when Coach Sharp trots out his Crimson trio against the 110th Cavalry.

Although this game is listed for the University team, the lineup is composed of the same men who played for the second team in the two games they have played this season. The graduation of these men to the University team is due to the abscise of the regulars. Captain E. T. Gerry '31 has not yet recovered from his illness, but he is expected to be with the team next week. Any others who might have seen action in this game are either ineligible because of scholastic difficulties or have not yet returned from the vacation. On this account, it is expected that Luton, Kimball, and Nicholas will play the entire game.

The 110th, Cavalry have not, as yet, won a game this season, losing both of two starts. In their opener with the Lancers they went down to defeat, and also took a trouncing from the veteran 101st Artillery team in their second game.

The Crimson players, in their two games as seconds, have broken even so far, this year. The same combination that will start tonight defeated the 51st Artillery Brigade three weeks ago by a score of 10 1-2--7, but two weeks ago, just before the vacation, they were nosed out by a last minute spurt on the part of Battery A who trimmed them by a score of 9 1-2--8.

Harvard's string of victories in the Boston league has rarely been broken: last year the Crimson breezed through the league without a single defeat.

The other match of the doubleheader is to be played between the Free Lancers and the 51st Artillery Brigade, and will take place between the halves of the Harvard contest.