Police Apprehend Armed Man and Woman in Central Square

107 Faculty Called for Review of Tenure Procedures in Letter to Dean Gay

Citing Toxic Culture and Administrator Departures, Harvard School of Public Health Faculty Repeatedly Weighed Voting No Confidence in Dean

Elizabeth Wurtzel ’89, Who Collected Friends ‘Like Beads on a String,’ Dies at 52

Multimedia

The Photos That Captured the 2010s

INGLIS LECTURE WILL BE PRESENTED BY BRIGGS

ADDRESSES TO BE PRESENTED IN EMERSON D

"The Great Investment: Secondary Education in a Democracy" will be the subject of the Inglis Lecture for 1930, which is to be delivered in Emerson D, Thursday evening, at 8 o'clock, by Dr. T. H. Briggs, Professor of Education at Teachers College, Columbia University.

Dr. Briggs graduated from Wake Forest College, North Carolina, in 1896. Before he became a member of the staff of Teachers College he taught in public and private secondary schools, in Stetson University, and in the Eastern Illinois State Normal School. In 1912 he joined the faculty at Teachers College and now is Professor of Education. His attention is devoted mainly to the training of professional students in the secondary school field. He has written two studies entitled "The Junior High School" and "Curriculum Problems" and has made his influence felt by activity as a member of the Commission on the Reorganization of Secondary Schools, the Commission on the Teaching of Science and Industrial Subjects in the War Emergency, and other survey and advisory bodies.

The Inglis Lectureship, for which this address will be delivered, was founded by the Harvard Graduate School of Education in honor of the late Professor Alexander Inglis. The lectures are open to the public and are published by the School of Education.