STUDENTS ARE WARNED TO OBSERVE PARKING RULES

UNIVERSITY WILL ATTEMPT TO REMEDY SITUATION

The Metropolitan police of Boston have notified E. S. Emery, the Assistant Comptroller of the University, that all motorists who leave their cars on Memorial Drive in front of Dunster House will be arrested.

In an effort to determine the facilities needed all Dunster House residents have been asked to register their names at the entrance of the House dining hall. Emery has made no statement in regard to the matter as yet but an attempt will be made to try to accommodate automobile owners. To date 90 men have put their names on the list. Students are at present advised to park their cars on Cowperthwaite Street.

University Regulations

University parking regulations prohibit the leaving of automobiles on University property after 11 o'clock at night. An exception is made to the rule, however in the case of certain areas in front of McKinlock, Gore, and Standish Halls, and behind Lowell House. Here a limited number of automobiles may be left overnight.

Authorities in Lehman Hall have declined to make any comment on the parking of automobiles as the situation rests largely in the hands of the Cambridge police. It is unlawful to leave a car overnight on a public street in Cambridge, it was announced by police officials recently. Also it is unlawful to park double on any one-way street in the neighborhood of Harvard Square.

Cars Will be Removed

A. L. Endicott, when asked about University regulations said. "As a rule we do not allow any parking on University property, but where we do signs have been erected stating the conditions. All cars left on Harvard property contrary to regulations will be removed at the owner's expense."