20 CROSS COUNTRY MEN LEAVE FOR YALE RACES

RACE IS BEING HELD ONE WEEK EARLIER THIS YEAR

Twenty men, University and Freshmen, will run against Yale in the cross country races Friday afternoon at New Haven, it was announced yesterday by Coach Jaakko Mikkola.

The team will leave Cambridge at 4.25 o'clock tomorrow afternoon, spending the night at Bridgeport, before going on to New Haven. The race this year is being held a wek earlier than last fall, because of the earlier date of the Intercollegiates at New York.

Ten men will start in the University race against the Blue. Captain R. C. Aldrich '31 will run for the first time this year: he has been prevented from competition in the other meets because of a cold. Others to run are J. M. Barrie '32, Sturtevant Burr '31, David Cobb '31, B. E. Estes '32, J. W. Fobes '32, Arthur Foote '33, N. P. Hallowell '32, F. D. Murphy '33, and R. P. Wesley '33, J. N. Fox '32, will be unable to start in the race because of a bad foot. For the Freshmen, the following will start: J. N. Estabrook '34, R. F. Estes '34, Captain A. B. Hallowell '34, A. Hansen '34, J. R. Levan '34, James Parton '34, T. A. Robinson '34, A. Sawyer '34, J. B. White '34, and J. V. White '34.

A new course of about five miles in length has been laid out for the race. For the Freshmen, the distance will be about three and a half miles. No comparisons can be made of the two first year teams, since the Blue Freshmen run in no regular meets before that with the Crimson.