HIND WILL DELIVER TWELVE ART TALKS

At That Time He Commences a Series on Italian Engravings--To Speak Also on Seventeenth Century Art

Professor Arthur M. Hind, Norton Lecturer for 1930-31, will deliver twelve lectures on Art in addition to his eight Norton Lectures, it was announced at the Fogg Art Museum recently.

The additional lectures will be given in the large lecture room of Fogg and cover topics on early Italian engravings and woodcuts, old master drawings and studies in seventeenth century art taking up the cross currents of influence between northern and southern Europe.

The first group of lectures is on early Italian engravings and woodcuts and will be given on Thursdays at 5 o'clock starting on November 13 with a talk entitled "Finiguerra and the Beginnings of Engraving in Florence." Other dates and subjects are November 20, "Florentine Engravings;" November 25, "Mantegua and North Italian Engraving," December 4, "Book Illustration;" and December 11, "Chiaroscuro Woodcut."

An additional lecture on Old Master drawings to be given on December 16 at 5 o'clock. For the second half-year a group of lectures on seventeenth century art will be delivered on Thursdays commencing February 5--with the topic "Adam Eisheimer and Northern Artists in Rome." On February 12 Mr. Hind will talk on "Rubens and VanDyck in their relations to Italy;" on February 19, "Poussin and Claude;" February 26, "Claude's Drawings;" March 5, "El Greco and Modern Art;" and on March 12 as a finale, "Italy the School of the World."