REACH QUARTER FINALS IN TENNIS TOURNAMENTS

"B" TOURNAMENT NOW REDUCED TO 12 MEN

When results of today's matches were known, H. M. Coggeshall 2L, was the only seeded player remaining in the University "A" tennis tournament, as D. M. Frame '32 was defeated today 6-3, 3-6, 6-0 by J. M. Barnaby Jr. '33, Coggeshall and Barnaby are the only seeded players to have reached the quarter finals.

Eleven contestants are fighting for the championship in the tournament. Coggeshall, captain of the University team, is the favorite to win, but as he has two more matches to play with men who have shown up well hitherto, the contest is still a close one. In the "B" tournament 12 men are left. This series has also reached the quarter final stage.

In the "A" tournament six matches were played yesterday. Barnaby beat Frame 6-3, 3-6, 6-0, W. C. Thompson '32 defeated Henry Taylor '31, S. P. Davenport '34 beat J. B. Todd '32, Horace Hartford '34 won over W. S. Emmett '34, and W. V. Jones '32 beat F. L. Carpenter 3L.

The winners and the runner-ups of both tournaments receive medals, gold ones for the winners and silver for the others. It is expected that the finals will be played off next Wednesday if good weather continues. The doubles matches are progressing more slowly than the rest of the contests.