Solid Cement

THE PRESS

In spite of unqualified discouragement from the University authorities and the Alumni Weekly, Victor has just contributed its bit toward cementing Yale-Princeton relations by publishing gratis an appropriately two-faced record with, obverse, a fox-trot arrangement of two Yale football songs and, reverse, a ditto of Princeton's Cannon Song March and Dean West's Triple Cheer, featuring. Mr. Hubert Prior ("Rudy") Vallee, ph.B. Yale '27. It was, we, gather, through the unwillingness, nay refusal, of Harvard to enter into a phonographic entente cordiale with Yale that we are permitted this unprecedented opportunity to enter the Valhalla hitherto occupied exclusively by the University of Maine.

Our intermittent love-feasts with Mother Yale usually mount up to five dollars per, but the beneficence of the Victor-Radio Corporation makes this possible over an indefinite period for an initial investment of only six bits. Joe LeBlang is reported green with envy.

Aside from the incongruity of virile football songs poured out over Rudy's near-treble tonsils, our curiosity is engaged by reason for the Connecticut Yankee's grudge against Princeton. In the case of Yale, it is evident that he is wreaking his revenge for the gay abandon with which New Haven men break into riots when his voice sobs across the quadrangles from the radio or phonograph of an uninitiated.

His motive in our own case remains obscure, if not malicious. We have always listened politely, if not quite enthusiastically, to the Yankees' music, to debutantes gushing over the charms of the ingenuous Rudy: the Princetonian has even printed some of the interviews which its freshman heelers have extorted from the Villain of Villa Vallee. Furthermore, if he had only given us sufficient warning of his intent, we might have found an alumnus indignant and opulent enough to subsidize the suppression of the offensive disc. Daily Princetonian.