YALE FRESHMEN SCORE ONCE TO DOWN CRIMSON

FRESHMEN THREATEN TWICE TO SCORE

The Yale Freshmen Saturday, scoring after an intercepted forward pass, defeated the Harvard 1934 eleven 6 to 0 in New Haven. The Crimson team, despite its defeat, outplayed the Bull-pups throughout the game.

Score in Third

The first two periods were scoreless; in the third period a successful forward pass from H. C. McClees '34 to J. H. Dean '34 netted a 30-yard gain after Dean had planted the ball on Yale's 16-yard line. Harvard lost the ball on downs, however, and shortly after another attempted pass by R. S. Hurlbut '34 was intercepted by Gengerally, the Yale right halfback who ran 65 yards for a touchdown. The try for points failed. The last few minutes of this period were devoted to a passing attack on the part of Harvard, but the slippery conditions of the field made connections impossible.

Crimson Threatens

Harvard finally succeeded in working the ball down to the five-yard line just as the period ended. The Crimson again threatened to score at the beginning of the fourth period when the ball was carried down to Yale's two-yard line, but the Eli defense held for downs.

Excellent work was done for Harvard by Hurlbut, who played right half-back and J. M. Lockwood '34, captain of the team. Dean, fullback, and D. E. Peter '34, quarterback, played well on the offensive. The Yale team did not make a first down to Harvard's three. Of 11 attempted forward passes, Harvard completed but two, while Yale did not take to the air at all.

The summary: YALE 1934  HARVARD 1934 Tyson, Weston, l.e.  r.e., Choate, Lowe, Crocker Kilcullen, l.e.  r.f., Kopans, Rogers Nichols, Barnum, Pierson, l.g.  r.g., Devino, Ferry Malen, c.  c., Lockwood, Crane, Freezer Holcombe, Saner, r.g.  l.g., Nazro, Lawrence Jackson, r.t.  l.t., Healey, Simmons Broaca, Wilderming,  Kimball, r.e. l.e., Lowe, Baldwin Lassiter, q.b.  q.b., Peter, Whitney, Reale Hughes, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Hurlbut, Nevin, Cheek Gengerally, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Pescosolido, Martin, McClees Phillips, f.b.  f.b., Dean, Waters, Gleason, Hine

Score Yale 6, Harvard 0. Touchdowns Gengerally, Referee J C Hennessey, Brown Umpire l. o. Kirkberger, W, and J. Linesman C. F. McCormack, Drake Field Judge G. H. Lowe, Lafayette.