Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

Former Harvard President Bacow, Maria Ressa to Receive Honorary Degrees at Commencement

‘A’ Game: How Harvard Recruits its Student-Athletes

Interim Harvard President Alan Garber Takes the Political Battle to Washington

‘How Far Is Too Far?’: Pro-Palestine Activism Under the Garber Presidency

A RETURN TO SANITY

The decision of the Harvard Dramatic Club to produce a play in accordance with its former policy of presenting something not to be seen on the professional stage is essentially sound. "Cake", the play to be given, at least avoids the charybdis of a hackneyed, stock company piece.

The Dramatic club has elected rather to attempt something new to the American stage instead of resorting to revivals. The present high standards of professional productions and the resulting difficulty of obtaining plays of this sort worthy of presentation make this policy exceedingly difficult. If the present production should prove successful, this decision of the club will have been justified. The quality of the play is the sole criterion of such an action. The fact remains that the fertile field of revivals has been disregarded for the more dangerous modern production. At all events, the Dramatic Club has shown that it does not intend to be solely a school of acting, and there still remains a hope for a return to something worthwhile.