MRS. DAVIDSON TO DIRECT DRAMATIC CLUB PRODUCTION

Three Radcliffe Women, Eleven Harvard Students Named--Presentation on December 10, 11, 12

Announcement was made last night by the executive committee of the Harvard Dramatic Club of the director and cast concerned in the staging of Witter Bynner's fantasy, "Cake," which will be the fortieth and fall production of the undergraduate players. Performances will be given on the evening of December 10, 11, and 12 in Brattle Hall, and will be followed, as usual, by dancing. It is probable that the play will be repeated in a Boston theater on Saturday evening, December 13.

Mrs. Christina Affeld Davidson, of Cambridge, will direct the play. Mrs. Davidson has been prominently identified with the Cambridge Social Dramatic Club and with the Radcliffe Idler Society, for whom she directed "The Swan," and "The Last of Mrs. Cheyney." Previous to her residence in Cambridge, she acted with Sothern and Marlowe in Shakespearean repertoire, and subsequently appeared in the Stagers' New York revival of W.S. Gilbert's comedy, "Engaged." She has also appeared in Belasco productions in support of Frances Starr, and played for a season opposite Lionel Barrymore in "Laugh, Clown, Laugh." She is a graduate of the University of Wisconsin and later took a Master's Degree at Radcliffe.

Three Feminine Roles

Maryalice Cobb, a Radcliffe graduate, will portray "The Lady," whose quest of a cure for boredom provides the unusual and diverting plot. Marie Haas, Radcliffe '31, and Barbara Wertheim, Radcliffe '33, have been assigned the remaining feminine roles. Both have been active in Idler productions.

Undergraduates who have been chosen as result of the recent trials include: Lynn Beals '32, W.H. Melish '31, Richard Breithut '31, Marshall Smith '32, Buford Junker '33, J.H. Tucci '33, W.H. Lehr '34, J.D. Vail '32, L.L. Filstrip 2E.S., H.A. Stone '33, and O.Z. Whitehead '34. Of this number, Melish, Smith and Junker have played prominent roles in previous Dramatic Club productions.