They're in the Army Now

THE PRESS

Apparently there is a concerted movement to destroy military training in our colleges. Whether it has any connection or not we cannot say; but in the current Outlook there appears an article which seeks to undermine what are called "Little West Points." Fortunately, the American people look at these colleges in a different manner from the Outlook writer. They know the value of military training not only for the protection of the country against foreign and domestic enemies, but for the improvement of youthful physique and the development of habits of obedience and discipline. Instead of attacking the colleges which are doing so much for the country, it would be in better taste for The Outlook to support and encourage them. In this connection, we understand that action is to be promoted in Congress to override the opinion of the Attorney General in connection with the Morrell Act, and grant to the colleges having obligatory training the financial benefits which were contemplated by the authors of that law. This is a wise move and should be crowned with success. Army and Navy Journal.