EXHIBITION OF MODERN ART OF GERMANY BEGINS TODAY

Contemporary Art Society Shows Work of Experimental Community

Beginning today, the Harvard Society for Contemporary Art will hold an exhibition of modern art by a group of Germans known as the Branhaus.

The exhibit, consisting of photographs of architectural subjects, examples of printing, decoration, typography, as well as drawings and water colors, is the second to be given this fall by the society. It will continue through Saturday, January 17, 1931.

The Branhaus is an experiment in community living, started by Walter Cropis, and situated in Dessau, a small town near Berlin. The community is chiefly interested in healthful and modern architecture, and has been helpful in the erection of numerous laborers' cottages built in a style that combines serviceability with lightness of form.

The exhibition this fall is the result of favorable comment upon a similar exhibit held last year in Barcelona, by the Branhaus when they represented Germany in the International Exhibition. Among their artists are Lyonel Feininger, Paul Klee, and Von der Rohe.