BASKETBALL TEAM LEAVES TOMORROW FOR VACATION TRIP

Wachter Hopeful Over Prospect of Game Tomorrow Night--Crimson Has Won Two Matches

At 10 o'clock tomorrow morning 14 members of the University basketball squad, together with Coach Ed Wachter and two managers, will embark at South Station, Boston, for their Christmas trip.

With two victories behind them the Harvard basketmen plan to meet the veteran team of the City College of New York at the Armory of the 101 Engineers in New York City at 8.45 o'clock tomorrow night. At 2.30 o'clock the following afternoon they will play a strong West Point team in the same place.

Freshmen to Play

Tomorrow night at 8.30 o'clock the as-yet-unsuccessful Freshman team is to encounter the Went worth team in the New Indoor Athletic Building, in the second game of the season.

The University team is facing its two stern opponents with confidence, Coach Wachter said yesterday afternoon. The C. C. N. Y. team has been practising all fall, and has already played several matches. Their head-coach, Don Holdman, is an old teammate of Wachter's and teaches the same system of five-man offence. Technically, therefore, the game promises to be close. This will be Harvard's first game with the City College of New York.

Defeated Army Last Year

According to Coach Wachter the Army team this year maintains the West Point traditions of sound playing and high scores. The University team of 1929 defeated the Army team by a score of 30 to 25. But next Saturday will find Harvard with an entirely new lineup, while Army retains several veterans on its team.

The Crimson squad has been working since the last game on greater efficiency on the defense, emphasis being laid upon the necessity of quick foot-work, and skillful blocking.

With reference to the coming Freshman game, Coach Wachter said that it would show a different team entirely from that which crumbled under Hebron Academy last Tuesday. The trouble at that time was a tendency to revert to preparatory-school habits, leading to poor cooperation and defeat.

The men who will entrain for New York City are as follows: J. B. Appelbaum '32. D. B. Dorman '32. Robert Dutton '31. T. E. Farrell '31. C. H. Hageman '33. W. J. Holland '32, W. A. Huppuch '33. A. J. Matursevitch '33. Vahan Moushegian '32. M. A. Rauh '32, W. A. Schroeder '33, R. W. Sponaugle '31, and King Upton '33.