The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

WHITING RESIGNS

The resignation of Arthur Whiting as founder and manager of the University concerts will be considered a great loss to those interested in musical affairs at Harvard. His position was that of an authority in the field of chamber music and those who have enjoyed the Whiting concerts given during the winter at Cambridge will be the last to deny his preeminence.

The Whiting concerts have been attended by a regular clientele who have enjoyed the informal lectures of Mr. Whiting as much as the music itself. Those who appreciate music as something more than a mere sensual pleasure reckoned Mr. Whiting as one of the ablest exponents of the art of music and as one whose keen discrimination always provided a tasteful and well balanced program. There are probably few men in university circles today who have done as much as Mr. Whiting to further the appreciation of good music. The University Concerts of Harvard, Yale and Princeton which he founded and managed will live after him as monuments to his musical endeavors.