DEBATING TEAM WORKS FOR COMING MATCHES

MASS. BABY VOLSTEAD ACT WILL BE ONE SUBJECT

Three debates, covering two distinct fields of research, are to be given this month by the Harvard Debating Council, faculty adviser Cellan Ufford '19 announced last night. The first of these will cover the question: "Resolved, That this house views with approval the abolition of Extra-territoriality by China," when the University team opposes the Chinese Debating Council in Ford Hall at Boston on next Wednesday.

Coach E. M. Rowe '27 has retained five men for the Chinese Extrality question. It is hoped that much source information will be imparted in this debate as some of the team members have just returned from a trip abroad. The men are: J. M. Swigert '30 (Chairman), A. A. Windecker '32, R. M. Alt '32, and W. E. Esber '31.

The other topic which has been announced is: "Resolved, That the Massachusetts Baby Volstead Act should be Repealed." This will be given first on February 18 at Everett Hall in Norwood, when Harvard will debate Princeton, and again on February 20 when Boston College will be the Council's opponent. This will take place at 8 o'clock in the evening in the Boston Symphony Hall. Seven men have been retained for the Baby Volstead Question. They are: G. W. Harrington '30 (Chairman), P. C. Reardon '32, R. B. Eckles '32, Dwight Cooke '31, A. B. Rood '31, F. C. Fiechter '32, and P. H. Cohen '32. Schedules for the remainder of the season, will be announced at a later date.