Professors, Business Men, and Wellesley Girls are Patrons of Palmists' Art--Mysteries of Exams May be Close at Hand

Middle-aged professors and business men are prominent in the lists of followers of palmistry according to an interesting statement made recently by one of Boston's professional palmists.

According to this modern prophetess, the lines on one's hands, which change every three months, can be made to reveal all the secrets of past and future after a scientific investigation. Even the ever pertinent questions of matrimonial nature, of home surroundings and of success in general can be definitely settled by a glance at one's hand.

Wellesley girls, for an undetermined reason, are ardent devotees of this unusual oracle, while other similar neighboring institutions have an ample quota as well. At the present time male undergraduates, especially of Harvard, have not been much attracted by this source of information, but this is no doubt an indication of the utterly care free or utterly hopeless frame of mind in which the Cambridge undergraduates exist.

In continuing to expound the benefits of her art, the palmist explained that if one's hands are in a deplorable condition, foretelling only the darkest of future events, there is easy access to the medium of Astrology which might very likely afford a more favorable report. As a last resort this clever person can with equal skill turn to card reading.

The terrors of April hours, finals, and the like are of no account to the trusting student who, forsaking University Hall, can predetermine his future by merely extending his hands for examination. In concluding the interview it was made known that the "A.B." of Palmistry requires a three years course in pure scientific study, meditation, and imaginative research, after which one enters the ranks of the soothsayers who have practised their arts ever since the world began.