ARMY POLO TRIO DEFEATS CRIMSON SECOND TIME

TEAM HANDICAPPED BY LOSS OF E. T. GERRY '31

The speedy, hard-hitting West Point polo team handed the Harvard varsity trio their second consecutive defeat 15 to 7 1-2, in a return game at the Commonwealth Armory Saturday evening. The Crimson men, although unable to avenge their 24 to 0 shutout of a week ago, presented a much more formidable resistance.

Play started with a rush. The Cadet first string line, Wing, Brandt, and Haskell, skillfully managing the strange ponles, showed perfect team work in outscoring the Harvard riders, 9 to 1 1-2 in the first three chukkers. Each of the Soldiers scored three goals. The Crimson players were unable to make headway, although the line-up of Crispin Cooke '32, E. K. Jenkins '31, and W. F. Luton '32 was stronger than that of the previous game.

In the last two chukkers, the Harvard trio launched a furious attack and outplayed the Soldier reserves, scoring seven goals to their opponents' two. Cooke and Jenkins displayed great power and accuracy.

The Crimson has been greatly handicapped this season by the ineligibility of Captain E. T. Gerry '31, who was a member of last year's championship team.

The summary: WEST POINT  HARVARD Wing, Beebe, No. 1.  No. 1, Cooke Brandt, Cusack, No. 2  No. 2, Jenkins Haskell, Rodgers, No. 3  No. 3, Luton, Nicholas

Score--West Point 15, Harvard 7 1-2. Goals--Cooke 6, Wing 3, Brandt 3, Haskell 3, Cusack 3, Jenkins 3, Rodgers 2, Beebe. Fouls--Luton 2, Cooke. Time--Six 5-minute chukkers. Referee--Captain Henry Westphalinger. Timer and scorer--J. Wilkie.