"MOANIN' LOW"

After a month of silence it would seem that the supposedly interred Junior Promenade has left a somewhat vigorous shade behind. The recent failures of this dance were taken as sufficient grounds to discontinue it, but the letters in today's CRIMSON indicate that this assumption has not met with a general approval. Unfortunately there is no method of accurately computing the extent of this feeling, so precedent, is still the only criterion that can be used as a basis for judgment.

Last year the same problem presented itself and the officers in charge of the affair decided upon a ballot. The outcome was that the dance was held and financial failure resulted. With such a precedent to face, along with a past unmistakably indicating a waning interest in a Junior dance, the action of the present Committee is very intelligent. Traditions, if it is possible to classify this function in this already crowded category, depend upon popular approval for their existence, and the lack of this approval is the ultimate cause for the present situation.

In the past balloting resulted in receiving only the votes of those interested in continuing the dance, and when the function was actually held, only a small percentage of those voting favorably appeared to back up their expressed opinion. The only mismanagement in this instance was on the part of the members of the class. Obviously it was the prevalent impression that such a dance was not needed, and with the exception of a few letters there is no indication that this sentiment has changed. Unless it is possible to prove to the officers of the class that a function of this sort would be a success, the Junior Promenade is a thing of the past, and rightly so.