Supreme Court Justice Sotomayor Talks Justice, Civic Engagement at Radcliffe Day

Church Says It Did Not Authorize ‘People’s Commencement’ Protest After Harvard Graduation Walkout

‘Welcome to the Battlefield’: Maria Ressa Talks Tech, Fascism in Harvard Commencement Address

Multimedia

In Photos: Harvard’s 373rd Commencement Exercises

Rabbi Zarchi Confronted Maria Ressa, Walked Off Stage Over Her Harvard Commencement Speech

MORE ROOM

Since the erection of the New Lecture Hall in 1909, no academic class rooms have been constructed, although the enrollment of the College has increased to the point where the admission rules must hold it constant in numbers. That the College will remain the same numerically is probable, but, not even allowing for an increase, conditions to accommodate the student body in class rooms are inadequate. Were there more class rooms, the presentation of courses would be facilitated, and it would at the same time be possible to avoid the present abuse of having class meetings at inconvenient hours.

With the establishment of the majority of the undergraduates in the houses near the river, the need for concentration of class rooms will be even greater. The trend of the College has been and will continue to be toward settlement on the banks of the Charles. With this undeniable tendency in mind it is becoming imperative to concentrate academic buildings with regard to the shifting center of living quarters.