CRIMSON IS FAVORITE TO RECOVER MAT CROWN

SOLANO, NEWHART AND WARNER EXPECTED TO WIN

Representatives of the University and Freshman teams of five eastern colleges will contest, defend, or seek to dethrone the defenders of eight championship titles in the annual New England Intercollegiate Wrestling Tournament to be held at M. I. T. tomorrow at 3 o'clock and 7.30 o'clock, and Saturday at 7 o'clock.

Besides Harvard, the competing colleges will be Brown, Tufts, Williams, and M. I. T. Each will enter a Freshman and a University team except Williams, which will send its upper-classmen only.

Although in last year's contest Harvard escaped with a poor third, the Crimson is expected to retrieve the belt held for the four consecutive years before 1929.

The Harvard lineup is similar to that which met Yale last week, with the exception of the 145-pound class. This position will be defended by D. B. Dorman '32, a regular on the University seconds, who has improved noticeably during the season. R. K. Safford '31, who nearly threw Captain Sargent of Yale in that class, has been forced to surrender the post because of scholastic difficulties, while C. N. Levine '30, who has alternated with Safford in the position throughout the year is confined to Stillman Infirmary.

The Crimson heavy end consisting of J. F. Solano '30 in the 165-pound class, C. D. Newhart '31 in the 175-pound class, and Nathaniel Warner '30 in the unlimited class, is expected to continue its undefeated sweep. Of these, neither Newhart nor Warner have lost a bout during the season, while Solano has won each of his eight matches by a fall.