The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

GRID SQUAD IS DIVIDED INTO OPPOSING TEAMS

Mahans and Hardwicks Formed from a Squad of 68--First Signal Practice Held Yesterday

After its second workout of the spring season, the Harvard football squad was divided yesterday into two teams called the Mahans and the Hardwicks respectively. The former, named from E. W. Mahan '16, stellar back on the triumphant 1914 team, consists of 32 men, and the latter from B. R. Hardwick '15, all-American end, and a member of the same team, has 36 members.

Coach J. L. Knox '98 will direct the Mahans, assisted by coaches John Denovan, C. J. Hubbard '26, F. A. Pickard '29, and E. T. Putnam Jr. ocC. The Hardwicks will be supervised by Coach R. L. Casey '29, as well as R. H. O'Connell ocC, W. A. Cleary '15, and W. R. Harper '30. Kicking in both teams will be developed under the tutelage of V. P. Kennard '09, kicking coach.

Three games between the two squads have been scheduled to take place towards the end of the season, probably after Coach Horween returns from Chicago. For the present, practice in the fundamentals is being continued, including blackboard talks and signal drills, the first of which was held yesterday.

Although Captain B. H. Ticknor '31 gave the squad a once-over yesterday afternoon, he was dressed in baseball togs, and took no part in the workout.