HARVARD POLOISTS TO CLASH WITH PRINCETON

Orange and Black Favored Over Weak Crimson Trio--University Team Took Championship Last Year

HARVARD   Luton, No. 1   Cooke, No. 2   Nicholas, back PRINCETON   No. 1, Firestone   No. 2, Lemp   back, Post

In an attempt to redeem a disappointing season, the Harvard polo team will meet Princeton tonight in New York City, in the first match of the Intercollegiate Polo Tournament. Despite the strong offense which the Crimson team showed in the last match of the Yale series, the Orange and Black team is favored to win.

Last year's team was the winner of the intercollegiate championship, defeating the Pennsylvania Military Academy in the finals, by the score of 6 1-2 to 6. Several members of the team were lost by graduation, however, and this year's trio has fallen for below its standards.

The team has won only one of the eleven games which it has played, that with the 110th Cavalry. It has been defeated by the 101st Field Artillery, the Freebooters, twice, the Lancers, the Cincinnati Riding Club, Army, twice, the 107th Cavalry, of Celveland, and Yale twice.

The Princeton trio, too, has had a poor season, having been beaten by Yale. West Point, and the Pennsylvania Military Academy.

The Yale trio is favored to sweep the Tournament because of its brilliant record. It has chalked up defeats over the foremost collegiate teams in the East.