LECTURE ON AIRPORT PROBLEMS GIVEN TODAY

Moving Pictures Taken from Airplane Will be Shown--Flying Boat to be Discussed

The last of a series of four lectures by S. S. Hanks '12 on airport problems of design, construction, and management will be given this afternoon at 4.30 o'clock in Pierce Hall. The lecturer will summarize his earlier talks on international airports as ports of entry, on the flying boat, and on American airports, present and future, closing with a general discussion of the whole problem. Hanks will illustrate his talk with moving pictures from one airplane showing another plane doing almost all the stunts known to aviators. He will also consider the relative importance of "air space" and "ground space."

Hanks was formerly in the Department of State at Washington. Since August, 1916, he has been an airplane pilot, serving as aide to the Chief Signal Officer of the Army during the World War, and at present holding a commission as Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Corps Reserve. He is the author of a book on "International Airports."

The next of the popular illustrated lectures open to the public at the Engineering School will be given at 4.30 o'clock on Thursday afternoon in Pierce Hall by G. A. Orrok, lecturer in the Engineering School, who will discuss "This Power Civilization."

The lectures are delivered in such a way as to make them most presentable to the general public. Motion pictures of an interesting nature are shown each time.